Monday, September 27, 2004

Gardening with the Moon

Lunatic

The moon always holds a certain mystique. And is a great influence to us and everything around us, Isaac Newton and the laws of gravity proves that the moons pull is great, as it is the closest planet to earth, These forces affect the water content of the soil, At the time of a new and full moon this increased moisture helps seeds to grow. Planting by the phases of the moon make it possible for seeds to germinate faster and make plants hardier. The perfect time too sow seed is during the period of the waxing moon, According to Yale University when the gravitational pull of the moon increases, so does the electrical charges in every living thing. Thus promoting seeds to sprout and roots to grow deeper and stronger. The full moon for September is called the harvest moon it lies low in the sky like a picture book example of Halloween, a fantastic sight when it gives us the illusion of being bigger. The harvest moon marks the end of the growing season as we go into Octobers blood moon, and in the northern hemisphere this moon rises as the sun sets. What seems like ancient superstition is in fact very good practice. Obviously this is not the complete answer to success you still have to feed water and weed your garden but I have try’d this method and it works for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erminio said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
easy asparagus recipe

October 8, 2005 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching for fresh information
for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
Today's News From & About Google

October 11, 2005 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Connor Wilson said...

Every year my son Dylan and I have been building our Halloween animatronic display. This year we added 12 new figures and my wife had been making the clothes etc. but then I clued in that Halloween Costumes were the ideal solution - ya, ok I'm slow but...This year is really cool because we've done an HP Lovecraft display that I'm sure he'd appreciate but I'm not so sure he'd approve of this - The Necronomicon - Is it just me or is that just plain goofy ? Anyway, everybody is doing their own Haunted House thing now but hey - it's fun and if you've got kids I really suggest you try it yourself if you haven't already. It's a nice change from the usual Christmas Lights routine and a lot of scaaarrry fun. Happy Halloween everybody.

October 23, 2005 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Linklight said...

Hi andrewstenning,
I was just passing looking for Buddhist links on the blogger site and found your Gardening with the Moon blog. Your blog was not quite what I was looking for, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

November 16, 2005 at 2:53 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

This blog Gardening with the Moon is a great place for Christian. Thanks andrewstenning.

November 24, 2005 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Stan said...

Do you want to grow your own House Plants, Flowers, Trees and Shrubs for FREE....Grow them to landscape your yard, grow them for fun and for profit....Growing small plants in your backyard is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do in your life. Not to mention the money you can make. Getting started in this home based business is really easy. All you have to do is start rooting cuttings of your favorite plants (I'll show you how to do that), and you are off and running. Any time you have a few extra minutes just stick a few cuttings. Before you know it you will have thousands of plants valued at several thousand dollars.

http://thehomeworkco.com/freeplants.html

December 13, 2005 at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home