Wednesday, September 01, 2004

About Me and this Site

A bit about me
From an early age I have been involved in the practice of gardening and creation. My first gardens as a child were exciting places made up of miniature mud houses and tracks for any passing wildlife to move into. I used to grow all the infant things i.e. Brightly coloured plants, pumpkins, egg plants, sunflowers and cress. My grandfather was a very good and dedicated gardener I remember the amazing variety of things he used to grow on the farm, my life now is just an extension of those childhood days.

After successfully completing my A levels I embarked on a degree in fine art and gained an interest in printing and photography my degree was funded by weekend gardening work and I started to get very interested in artists who used landscape as an inspiration for their work i.e. Andy Goldsworthy, Ian Hamalton Finley and many others. I look back at this time as a real learning curve in my ideals and thoughts. I was very fortunate to meet many fine artists at this time who shared my enthusiasm with the outdoor life, and this drove me to want to show people the simple beauty of nature that many now take for granted.

Nature is the great leveller the possession we are all entitled to and this needs to be understood, cherished and protected. I have worked for very rich and famous people and do not want their add on's and would never aspire to a some of their lifestyles if it detracted me from the ground under my boots. As the word moves faster into the 21st century and we sometimes detach ourselves from the important things in life, Nature knows more than we could learn in a thousand lifetimes and I go to work each day with a great feeling of privilege and excitement.

My designs are NOT aesthetically pleasing ‘sometimes’ but reflect my philosophy, my photos are beautiful not through personal skill in any way, they are just documents of what is around us all. And my writing deals with my enthusiasm and commitment to my very fortunate working life.

I have exhibited throughout the United Kingdom and designed gardens from a diverse range of styles but my interest is mainly concentrated on creating environments that develop over time, this needs hard work understanding and a lot of waiting. The practice of actual gardening and working in gardens appears at the top of my list .I like to see ‘real’ landscape and like ‘real’ people both of which I meet most of the time.

10 Comments:

Blogger James Fletcher Baxter said...

The HUMAN PARADIGM
"...the creative process is a choicemaking process."

Consider:
The missing element in every human 'solution' is an
accurate definition of the creature. The way we define
'human' determines our view of self, others, relationships,
institutions, life, and future. Important? Only the Creator
who made us in His own image is qualified to define us
accurately. Choose wisely...there are results.

Man is earth's Choicemaker. His title describes his
definitive and typifying characteristic. Recall that his
other features are but vehicles of experience intent on
the development of perceptive awareness and the
following acts of decision. Note that the products of
man cannot define him for they are the fruit of the
discerning choice-making process and include the
cognition of self, the utility of experience, the
development of value-measuring systems and language,
and the acculturation of civilization.

The arts and the sciences of man, as with his habits,
customs, and traditions, are the creative harvest of
his perceptive and selective powers. Creativity, the
creative process, is a choice-making process. His
articles, constructs, and commodities, however marvelous
to behold, deserve neither awe nor idolatry, for man, not
his contrivance, is earth's own highest expression of the
creative process.

Man is earth's Choicemaker. The sublime and significant
act of choosing is, itself, the Archimedean fulcrum upon
which man levers and redirects the forces of cause and
effect to an elected level of quality and diversity.
Further, it orients him toward a natural environmental
opportunity, freedom, and bestows earth's title, The
Choicemaker, on his singular and plural brow.

July 2, 2005 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Erminio said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
vegetables

October 8, 2005 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger lindaweaverfamily said...

Vegetables are great, but the Heart Start Defibrillator is better (At saving your life, that is ;) ).

November 8, 2005 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger paymaster said...

Hey andrewstenning,

Your blog "About Me and this Site", leads me to believe you will find my information on our Best Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Actors Wages
Art Directors Wages
Artists Wages
Athletes Wages
Sports Competitors Wages
Audio Equipment Technicians Wages
Broadcast News Analysts Wages
Broadcast Technicians Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily

November 21, 2005 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Stan said...

Do you want to grow your own House Plants, Flowers, Trees and Shrubs for FREE....Grow them to landscape your yard, grow them for fun and for profit....Growing small plants in your backyard is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do in your life. Not to mention the money you can make. Getting started in this home based business is really easy. All you have to do is start rooting cuttings of your favorite plants (I'll show you how to do that), and you are off and running. Any time you have a few extra minutes just stick a few cuttings. Before you know it you will have thousands of plants valued at several thousand dollars.

http://thehomeworkco.com/freeplants.html

December 13, 2005 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my multi-level marketing site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and multi-level marketing related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

May 5, 2006 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

You may already know that basic sign up is free at traffic swarm. You can also upgrade to the Pro membership, Check this out: "New TrafficSwarm Pro Membership Delivers TWICE the traffic, Provides FREE Custom Products and MUCH More!"

"We Create the Products for you to sell...and YOU keep All The Money!"

To find out more visit: how to get rich online site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and how to get rich online related stuff.

May 12, 2006 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
make money
It covers make money related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

June 14, 2006 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Rene Keiser signed up, and here's what happend..."This website is so viral - I received over one hundred sign ups and my network is already 5 levels deep in less than 48 hours." ~ Rene Keiser. Learn more about it here: low cost mlm site. It pretty much covers low cost mlm related stuff and it is FREE to join.

November 17, 2006 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

WOW...!!! LOOK OUT... Hi my friends! I'm writing to you because I just came across a business that I think has great potential. It lets you save money on almost everything. Make money from almost everything, Including home loans- plus... help lower your taxes--best of all--it requires absolutely no investment. I thought you might be interested and like to check it out...

Here I have a referral marketing site/blog. It successfully covers referral marketing related stuff and almost everything else!

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.

November 17, 2006 at 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home